Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why This Blog?

I don't particularly enjoy writing. I would rather speak than write. But I have decided to shed my aversion for writing, to share my experiences of preparing for the civil services. The journey from preparation to clearing the exam has been an eventful one. It has been a journey in self-discovery too. Like any one other aspirant, I have had my moments of complete desparation and madness. It was in those moments that several individuals lent their helping hands to me. I am grateful to all of them. But for their encouragement and guidance, I would not have probably cleared the exam.


I have read several moving and inspiring stories of individuals, who, despite all odds staked against them have made it by dint of their determination and hardwork. I am sure mine is not an exceptional or even an interesting story. It is probably the story of the most of the aspirants. But I still want to share it, hoping that it might be of some help to some one. I would indeed have a great sense of satisfaction, if my efforts could help even one person fulfill his/her dream.

In the near future, I hope to get more people to share their stories with the readers. People whose stories of struggles and triumphs are truly inspiring and worthy of emulation.

Through my posts, I would try my best to give an honest and truthful account of this short phase of my life. There will also be posts relating to study materials, preparation, coaching, interview etc.

Kindly bear with the spelling/grammatical mistakes of this reluctant writer.

Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. Ultimately, all of us fall in love with writing don't we? Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ashutoh, I'm your junior from law school, from the batch of 2011, and got to know that you made into IAS in the results released yesterday, after which I got to know about your blog. We all are very proud of your success, and your selection inspires aspirants like me to prepare with hope for the civil services exam. I've decided to choose pub ad and law as my optionals and would request you to guide me about preparation for the exam. My email address is sheoran.arjun@gmail.com.
    Reading your blog is great source of inspiration, and practical knowledge about the civils services. Do keep writing.
    I've informed the VC about your and Cyril's success and would like to invite you his behalf to visit law school for a talk on a career in the civil services. Please let me know so that I can make appropriate arrangements.
    Best
    Arjun Sheoran
    4th year, NLS

    ReplyDelete